Recent Posts

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Confessions of an Overzealous Visionary

So I have recently been inspired by Pinterest and several fabulous bloggers to start my own blog. I absolutely LOVE collecting ideas and best practices in the areas of fashion, beauty, decorating, DIY and parenting and am so excited to share my adventures with you all!

Now here comes the confession - I often get ahead of myself! I dream of this huge successful blog with thousands of adoring readers and me actually having the time to post daily with professional photos, videos, give aways and more. Yeah right! NOW is not exactly the time for me to take on such a HUGE responsibility.

Why you ask? Well I am 38 weeks pregnant with my second son (my first, Briggs is  just 15 1/2 months) and needless to say I have a ton of other "life" on my plate. However,  I am somehow inspired by this time in my life. Not only am I birthing another baby but I feel a re-birth of myself.

You see all through high school and college and even my early twenties I was very conscious of my image. I had fun playing with style and invested time in my health and fitness.  Around age 25 I had a bit of a quarter life crisis and kind of fell off the deep end. I packed on some lbs, quit my job, even questioned my marriage.  An that is where Christ found me... broken on the floor.


This was me just before my "quarter life crisis" or maybe I should just call it an "awakening!"


Ever since then I have been a Christian and redefined myself in Christ's image. I used to hold so many material things in a tight grip, and define myself by them. Now I find my value in serving God as he created me. As a wife, mother and philanthropist. HOWEVER, God also gave me a passion for girly (and not so girly) things like makeup, skincare, hair, fashion, interior decorating, crafty projects, construction, discount shopping and more! That being said, although I might talk a lot about these topics on this blog, it is important to point out that I don't find my identity or value in these things.

So back to "why now?" Well, I am ready to start investing in myself again. I feel like the last two years my body has been on loaner to my children...and really it has! I got pregnant in August 2010 and ever since then I have been either pregnant or breast feeding!  I haven't shopped for clothes because I always planned on getting pregnant again and let's be honest, these days I am lucky to get a shower in twice a week. So my hygiene is not exactly my crowing glory!  So, needless to say, with the birth of this baby, I am READY to get ME BACK!

Additionally, last October we moved into a new (and much larger) home for our growing family. The house is 12 years old but the former owners never decorated so literally every wall of the house was painted "builder cream" and the floors are either light grey tile or cream carpet. What a pallet to start with!  This really spurred my creativity and had brought out the "power drill" in me. I have taken on quite a few decorating, DIY and light construction projects and learned a ton over the past year. I have tons more projects up my sleeve and I look forward to documenting my journey and sharing my lessons, and mistakes with you all.


Alrighty! That's it for my debut post. With only 2 hours of nap time per day from my son, I have to type speedy and get straight to the point. As I mentioned before, my vision is HUGE, but my reality is pretty small right now for the blog. So I promised myself to just take it one day at a time. To write this blog for me, and if anyone takes notice, great. If not, I cannot let myself feel defeated.  This is an experiment to see if anyone out there is as crazy as I am! We shall see! :)

Ciao for Now!

Kelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment